Update Community Distribution II & III

Abstract

This proposal aims to foster community consensus for the revision of the Community Distribution II & III, proposing to update them to the following:

Community Distribution I: 400,000 INCR before end of April 2023 (Completed)

Community Distribution II: 500,000 INCR before end of April 2024 (Incomplete)

Community Distribution III: 1,500,000 INCR before end of April 2025 (Incomplete)

Proposal details

The INCR governance tokens provide community members with the ability to enhance existing protocol parameters, establish new markets, and more. Therefore, it is crucial to ensure that the distribution of governance tokens is targeted towards individuals who contribute significantly, creating a positive impact, and whose values closely align with the Increment ecosystem.

However, unforeseen external factors leading to delays in deploying the Increment protocol on zkSync Era have resulted in a reduced availability of data to identify these individuals.

At the time of writing, the anticipated deployment of the Increment protocol and the forthcoming onchain governance proposal to launch the initial market are expected in the coming days. However, the limited timeframe from now to the end of April poses a challenge in determining the appropriate allocation for the initially designated distribution amount of 1,000,000 INCR in Community Distribution II, scheduled for the end of April 2024.

Thus, the goal of this proposal is to solve the issue described above by updating the community distribution phases from the original:

Community Distribution II: 1,000,000 INCR before end of April 2024 (Incomplete)

Community Distribution III: 1,000,000 INCR before end of April 2025 (Incomplete)

And revising it to the following:

Community Distribution II: 500,000 INCR before end of April 2024 (Incomplete)

Community Distribution III: 1,500,000 INCR before end of April 2025 (Incomplete)

In summary, the main change described above is to reduce Community Distribution II by half, from 1,000,000 to 500,000 INCR, due to the reduced usage data availability and short time frame, and add the remaining half to Community Distribution III.

To contextualize this update within the comprehensive scope of the entire INCR token proposal, please refer to this spreadsheet.

Effect and Impact Analysis

Percentage of total token supply owned by the community continues to stay above 50% during all time frames. After updating the community distribution phases, the community continues to hold the majority of tokens, see column Q in the spreadsheet.

Community Distribution II, amounting to 500,000 INCR, remains scheduled to be distributed by the end of April 2024. Once the protocol is deployed, more precise data and metrics will become available, enabling a more precise determination of the allocation for the INCR tokens.

Copyright
Copyright and related rights waived via CC0.

Poll vote: Closes on March 1

• Let’s make this update!
  • No, don’t do it
0 voters
17 Likes

Are the final touches completed?

2 Likes

I like the attitude of this project: calm, stable and firm. Increment on zksync will be like GMX to Arbitrum.

5 Likes

You are the most professional team i’ve ever seen, great job team!

2 Likes

May your success always be

Very well thought and this should happen imo, decrease the amount since there’s not been much on-chain activities since protocol is not live yet. Not directly relatable to this topic but as I suggested before in Discord, about half of the first airdrop remains unclaimed, I highly suggest taking action on this, closing the claim window and redistribution of those evenly among everyone who has claimed tokens and delegated them, We would like to make sure tokens are in hands of loyal users who care about the protocol and if someone hasn’t claim their tokens so far then we can say they are not interested in it. Now I’m too busy to come up with a proposal for this but would really appreciate if team or someone else works on this as I think this is a better approach to end Phase 1.

1 Like

Soon we will start a long journey

final touches :slight_smile: lets lift off. cant wait anymore.

good solution, i ll wait.

Voted for this, makes the most sense.

1 Like

Thank you for the proposal and reminder. I think it makes sense and I would be happy to collaborate on this proposal with you, will reach out in Discord!

2 Likes

tic tac tic tac soon

1 Like

We are waiting since long time :slight_smile: Lets do it

1 Like

:alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock:Very soon…:alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock::alarm_clock:

1 Like

Yeah this makes sense, but what are the criterias?

1 Like

cool
its a nice try iam hoping good for ubgys